- The warm and inviting classrooms are designed to meet the needs of our young learners.
- The book center includes a well-stocked bookshelf as well as child-size comfy seating to encourage children to linger.
- Other centers focus on writing, science exploration, process art, sensory development, dramatic play and block-building.
- Each center includes carefully selected manipulatives and materials for open-ended discovery.
- Each classroom has two sinks and is connected to a child-size bathroom.
Music and Motor
- Daily opportunities for Music and Motor activities take place in large rooms stocked with interactive supplies such as rhythm instruments, scarves, balls and obstacle course pieces.
- These bright colored spaces give children room to move! Clapping to the beat, hopping like a bunny, or helping float a parachute are all examples of motions designed to increase coordination and body control while having fun.
- Our toddlers and twos enjoy a play area designed just for their needs! The various surfaces and large shade umbrella were chosen with safety in mind.
- A big sandbox, wheeled vehicles and a path for driving, and structures for climbing and sliding provide our little ones a place to explore and test new skills.
- Older preschoolers enjoy two different play areas, each designed with shade and space for moving whether you want to climb, slide, swing, or just dig in the sand.
- Outdoor exploration spaces also include a garden where students enjoy planting and watching plants grow and a shaded outdoor classroom with tables for outdoor activities.
- Literacy development is important at our school.
- Our main hallway is lined with children’s books!
- The collection has taken almost 40 years to accumulate and is filled with both fiction and nonfiction books.
- From board books to big books, each classroom has an overflowing bookshelf, chosen to meet the needs of the children.
- Our preschool library consultant is an excellent resource, helping teachers find just the right options.
- Our children have an opportunity to attend chapel each week in a room designed specifically for children’s worship.
- The Woodlands United Methodist Church Children’s Ministry team presents age-appropriate songs and activities.